Polisher- 2nd Shift
325 Hammerstone Dr Toccoa, GA 30577
The responsibility of the polishing operator is to visually inspect the painted product, grind any irregularities and polish the product. Polishing operator will package the finished product and scan to be stored in the warehouse for shipment. They will perform the assigned tasks according to the direction of the supervisor. The Polishing Operator will report to the Painting Line Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Get information about the designated workstation from the production plan before the start of the shift
- Take over the workstation and communications from the previous shift
- Support the implementation of the defined 5s standard
- Adhere to all safety guidelines outlined by OSHA and Nifco KTW
- Assist in the training of new employees
- Assist departments in troubleshooting and identifying defects, as well as the implementation of solutions.
- Accurately scan and complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer as required
- Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
- Work with the supervisor and quality department about quality discrepancies
- Work with the supervisor on borderline quality decisions
- Communicate about quality problems, work that still needs to be completed and all required information with other shifts and departments
- Independent recognition of flaw features as well as actively contributing to detecting defects.
- Forwards suggestions for improvement to the shift supervisor.
- Immediately informs the shift supervisor about detected quality issues and malfunctions within work area.
- Conscientious handling of the provided tools and equipment such as polishing machine, polishing trestle, etc.
- Comply with all regulations regarding workplace safety and accident prevention in everyday operations as well as informing the supervisor if deviations are detected during the shift.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area
- Does control and sorting work according to directions by the shift supervisor.
- Supports the shift supervisor to ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with throughout the company.
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the supervisor about suggestions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor