1st Shift Supervisor
104 Airport Industrial Rd. Greenwood, SC 29649
• Supervises staff and coordinates operation of the Manufacturing and Fabrication Departments.
• Maintains and coordinates production schedules.
• Coordinates and communicates with other supervisors and operations staff.
• Plans and assigns work, trains employees, and has authority for termination, discipline, and performance decisions and evaluation reviews.
• Responsible for maintaining product quality standards.
• Receives direction from the Production and Operations Managers.
• Exercises direct supervision over Fabrication Employees for his/her shift for responsibility and indirect responsibility for employees of other shifts and department.
• This is a hands-on position working with your team; this is not a desk job.
Essential Job Functions:
• Experience within machine shop or fabrication shop is required.
• Supervisor must have the ability to modify programs or reset tooling to continue production of high priority jobs.
• Plan, prioritize, supervise and review the work of employees responsible for production.
• Plan, prioritize, supervise and review the work of staff responsible for the setup and maintenance of production equipment.
• Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
• Prepare various reports on production and activities.
• Holds employees accountable for their performance and attendance.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Abide by and enforce policies of the company Employee Handbook.
• Promote a safe and clean working environment.
• Effectively communicate with peer’ s and employees, both written and verbal communication
• Work weekends and other overtime as needed and when appropriate.
• Ability to assist in troubleshooting and some knowledge of programming and operator support
• Drive both continuous improvement initiatives as well as improving safety culture and awareness
Employees must be able to function well with regard to the following:
• Uncontrolled environmental conditions: noise, dust, dirt, mobile equipment, and walking surfaces strewn with materials, power cords and tools is typical.
• Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., routine lifting up to 30 lbs., up to 10 times per hour, and pushing / pulling 10 lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.
• Any combination of standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling and walking 10 hours per day.
• Ability to work up to 10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the work.
• Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
• Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of surrounding area.