Assembly Shop Parts Puller
1295 Old Spartanburg Hwy, Lyman, SC 29365
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The shift hours for this position are 7: 00am – 3: 30 PM, Monday – Friday.
- Hand assembly of gear motors, reducers, and adjustable drives, maintain parts stock between assembly lines, putting up inventory stock, parts pulling, repair/restock/warranty evaluations, testing and service, wash/prep/paint, packing, shipping/receiving and general clean up.
- Use calipers, depth, and paint millage gauges.
- Must visually inspect all work and rework as necessary.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours, including, bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching to meet production needs.
- Must be able to repetitively lift 30 lbs. to 50lbs.
Nice To Haves, But Not Required:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Previous Experience with Packing or Assembly a plus.
Things to Consider:
- Fast-paced environment, working long hours.
- Position requires regular, predictable, and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area, except for formal break times.
- Ability to work within the Assembly environment with exposure to chemicals used in the wash/paint process as well as oils, greases, solvents, and cleaners (list available upon request).
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.