Cabinet/Fixture Assembler- 1st Shift
145 Southchase Blvd Fountain Inn, SC 29644
- Set up and operate such woodworking machines as power saws, jointer, mortise, molder and shaper to cut and shape lumber from stock; trim component parts of joints to proper fit using hand tools such as planes, chisels or wood files.
- Sand and scrap surfaces and joints of articles in preparation for finishing; install hardware such as hinges, catches, drawer pulls and knobs.
- Builds fixtures, displays, trellis and other wood items. Items are cut and sent to woodworkers with instructions on assembly.
- Makes cut lists and builds custom wedges, merchandisers, and fillers.
- Operates table saw and miter box making minimal cut for custom fixtures.
- Uses various hand tools, drills, sanders, nail guns and routers.
- Responsible for turning in labor and materials for projects; keeping area clean and responsible for all hand tools.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- 1-3 years’ experience in construction or building
- Ability to read and write sufficiently to follow work-order instructions, read equipment manuals and prepare production reports.
- Proven mechanical aptitude.
- Interpret blueprints and shop drawings to determine measurements and specifications required to construct or repair cabinets, shelves, fixtures, and other wooden articles using woodworking machines and hand tools.
- Install laminate on finished items