Call Center Associate
3507 Cokesbury Road Hodges, SC 29653
Call Center Associate:
Primary Responsibilities: Responds to inbound calls, emails and live chats related to placing an order and order assistance, catalog request and other inquiries in a manner that supports the Call Centers objectives. Provide customer satisfaction, increase sales, and maintain the integrity of the Company.
Specific Functions: Support the sales effort of the company by increasing the value of each telephone order by offering add-ons, upsells, coordinates and quantity discounts. Supports Jackson & Perkins, Wayside Gardens, Park Seed and Van Dyke' s brands. Assist customers in problems related to orders and service via telephone, email and/or live chat.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
· Promptly accept calls in a warm, friendly and knowledgeable manner
· Enter orders and catalog requests quickly and accurately
· Increase the Average Order Value - Upselling
· Follow through with customer call back when necessary
· Advise customers on product, production, quantities, prices and shipping
· Provide planting recommendations related to growing zones for garden brands
· Provide product recommendations related to home restoration projects for Van Dyke' s brand
· Manage and resolve customer complaints in the best interest of the customer and the company
· Authorize individual returns and allowances considering company guidelines and warranties/guarantees
· Modify existing orders and make routine adjustments
· Seek to increase job knowledge and improve job skills
· Respond to emails and chats, researching customer inquiries using available resources
· Identify and escalate customer and/or systems issues
· Attend product and system trainings as scheduled
· Communicate and work with outside groups within JPPA, include Supply Chain, Drop Ship, Marketing and Merchandising
· Works onsite in Greenwood, SC, facility for scheduled shifts
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of company catalog and product offerings, promotions, warranties/guarantees, procedures and websites
· Exhibit knowledge of telephone techniques and speak in a professional manner
· Be optimistic, self-motivated and customer focused
· Work well as part of a team
· Remain calm in stressful situations
· Perform efficiently in a fast paced environment
· Must comply with published safety requirements
· At least 1 year of call center experience.
· Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Maintain business etiquette at all times
· Strive to achieve personal and corporate performance goals
· Maintain excellent attendance/punctuality record
· Be able to rotate to all shifts including weekends
· Follows JPPA work environment guidelines, including but not limited to temperature checks and face masks.
Reports To: Call Center Manager or Lead Supervisors
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Shifts: M-F, 1st/2nd shift, Some weekends
Weekly attendance bonus available!