Distribution Center Lead
795 W. Alexander Ave Greenwood, SC 29646 US
Manages the distribution of products, parts, and inventory. Leads the warehouse staff to operate and facilitate the daily work of the distribution center. Supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Establishes daily, weekly distribution goals and objectives ensures the execution. Manages the performance reporting of the distribution center including inventory, order fill, staff overhead, and other expenditures. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to via. approved budgets. Has full authority of personnel actions, & extensive knowledge of department processes. Position expectations may require 5-7 years’ experience in the related area as an individual contributor. Reporting to Operations.
- Manage people and assets of the department to obtain goals while maintaining a safe work place.
- Extensive short-term planning based on established and changing priorities.
- Involves ongoing problem solving.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and secure the cooperation of others in a distribution/ warehouse environment.
- Meet or Exceed inventory accuracy metrics for your department.
- Responsible to make decisions and represent company policy on disputed issues.
- Continually strive to reduce costs and eliminate waste.
- Must work effectively in a fast-paced team environment with constant interruptions.
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Must clearly communicate business goals so associates understand how they contribute to the organization’s success.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe warehouse
- Other duties as assigned.
WorkSmart is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.