Floor Manager for Cut and Sew Dept
182 kayker Way , Suite C Easley, SC 29642
Essential Functions Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate industrial sewing machines to assemble textile-related products (machines: industrial sewing machines, bar tacker, hot cutter, etc.).
- Ability to thread machine, change needles, change thread and adjust tension as required.
- Basic inventory and organizational tasks.
- Carry, push, and pull materials up to 30 lbs.
- Use and understand basic measurements.
- Perform sewing functions in a precise and timely manner, according to TMS’ s sewing standards and procedures.
- Fold or fit together materials, such as cloth, foam, rubber, or leather, to prepare for machine sewing.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Must be able to work with hands, stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Basic understanding of hand tools.
- Have flexibility to be cross trained in any other area of manufacturing when needed.
- Experience using an industrial sewing machine preferred but will train a willing candidate.
- Effective communication skills to clearly express needs and issues.
- Effective comprehension of both verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to pass a basic skills test and criminal background check.
Hourly Direct Hire $20-25/hr once perm eligibile for yearly bonuses Work hours 7: 30am-5pm w/OT as needed