Forklift Operator- 2nd Shift
325 Hammerstone Drive Toccoa, GA 30577
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive product from Production using Barcode scanner to accurately transfer the product to Finished Goods warehouse.
· Accurately and safely transfer product to appropriate location within warehouse
· Efficiently pick customer orders accurately and safely for shipments ensuring correct product and quantity is picked.
· Communicate clearly to Warehouse Manager if product is not available or issues encountered that may cause late shipment or customer dissatisfaction
· Ensure product is in good condition to supply to customer
· Ensure packaging is banded, wrapped and secure to pallets and in good condition to ship to customer per customer packaging requirements
· Repackaging of product where required from one type packaging to another depending on customer requirements
· Cycle count and stock control of product ensuring physical stock is the same as system stock and investigate and resolve any discrepancies
· Conduct computer transactions associated with material movements
· Support the implementation and sustain the defined 5s standard
· Ensure that all safety guidelines outlined by OSHA are followed
· Report immediately any discrepancies or changes in quality, production, safety, security, and environment to the Warehouse Manager
· Takes over responsibilities and communications from the previous shift.
· Coordinate with other departments of the company to promote good communication, good quality, and the best interest of the company
Independent monitoring after initial training and informs the manager of any issues.
- Comply with all regulations regarding workplace safety and accident prevention in everyday operations as well as informing the manager if deviations are detected during the shift.
- Guarantee a proper shift change, including walkthrough of any issues as well as work that still needs to be completed
- Accurately complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer
- Assist in the training of new employees
- Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area
- Ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with throughout the company.
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the manager about suggestions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager