Forklift Operator- 3rd Shift
325 Hammerstone Drive Toccoa, GA 30577
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive product from Production using Barcode scanner to accurately transfer the product to Finished Goods warehouse.
· Accurately and safely transfer product to appropriate location within warehouse
· Efficiently pick customer orders accurately and safely for shipments ensuring correct product and quantity is picked.
· Communicate clearly to Warehouse Manager if product is not available or issues encountered that may cause late shipment or customer dissatisfaction
· Ensure product is in good condition to supply to customer
· Ensure packaging is banded, wrapped and secure to pallets and in good condition to ship to customer per customer packaging requirements
· Repackaging of product where required from one type packaging to another depending on customer requirements
· Cycle count and stock control of product ensuring physical stock is the same as system stock and investigate and resolve any discrepancies
· Conduct computer transactions associated with material movements
· Support the implementation and sustain the defined 5s standard
· Ensure that all safety guidelines outlined by OSHA and Nifco KTW are followed
· Report immediately any discrepancies or changes in quality, production, safety, security, and environment to the Warehouse Manager
· Takes over responsibilities and communications from the previous shift.
· Coordinate with other departments of the company to promote good communication, good quality, and the best interest of the company
· Independent monitoring after initial training and informs the manager of any issues.
- Comply with all regulations regarding workplace safety and accident prevention in everyday operations as well as informing the manager if deviations are detected during the shift.
- Guarantee a proper shift change, including walkthrough of any issues as well as work that still needs to be completed
- Accurately complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer
- Assist in the training of new employees
- Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area
- Ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with throughout the company.
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the manager about suggestions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager