Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
325 Hammerstone Drive, Toccoa, GA 30577
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operate one or more injection molding machines
· Operate auxiliary equipment such as sonic welding machine and pad printer
· Inspect, measure, and trim product as required per work instructions
· Filling of feeding equipment according to guidelines
· Clean, inspect, lubricate and maintain injection mold tooling per instructions, as permitted and authorized by Injection Molding Team Leader
· Accurately count, box, package and weigh product
· Assist with mold changes as permitted and authorized by Injection Molding Team Leader
· Review BOM (bill of material) for correct part, packaging, material, labels, and special instructions
· Support tool setter
· Support the implementation of the defined 5s standard
· Adhere to all safety guidelines outlined by OSHA and Nifco KTW
· Get information about the designated workstation from the production plan before the start of the shift.
· Takes over the workstation and communications from the previous shift.
· Independent monitoring after initial training and informs the team leader of any issues.
· Independent recognition of flaw features as well as actively contributing to detecting defects. Forwards suggestions for improvement to the shift supervisor.
· Immediately informs the shift supervisor about detected quality issues and malfunctions within his work area.
· Conscientious handling of the provided tools like weld machine and pad printer.
- Comply with all regulations regarding workplace safety and accident prevention in everyday operations as well as informing the supervisor if deviations are detected during the shift.
- Record production quantities accordingly
- Assist in training of new employees
- Assist quality and injection department in troubleshooting and identifying defects, as well as the implementation of solutions
- Accurately complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer
- Assist in the training of new employees
- Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area
- Does control and sorting work according to directions by the shift supervisor.
- Supports the shift supervisor to ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with throughout the company.
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the supervisor about suggestions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor