Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
325 Hammerstone Drive, Toccoa, GA 30577
The responsibility of the Injection Molding operator is to operate one or more injection molding machines. Inspect, measure, and trim product as required per work instructions. Operate auxiliary equipment such as, but not limited to, sonic weld machine and pad printer. They will perform the assigned tasks according to the direction of the supervisor. The Injection Molding Operator will report to the Injection Molding Team Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate one or more injection molding machines
- Operate auxiliary equipment such as sonic welding machine and pad printer
- Inspect, measure, and trim product as required per work instructions
- Filling of feeding equipment according to guidelines
- Clean, inspect, lubricate and maintain injection mold tooling per instructions, as permitted and authorized by Injection Molding Team Leader
- Accurately count, box, package and weigh product
- Assist with mold changes as permitted and authorized by Injection Molding Team Leader
- Review BOM (bill of material) for correct part, packaging, material, labels, and special instructions
- Support tool setter
- Support the implementation of the defined 5s standard
- Adhere to all safety guidelines outlined by OSHA and Nifco KTW
- Get information about the designated workstation from the production plan before the start of the shift.
- Takes over the workstation and communications from the previous shift.
- Independent monitoring after initial training and informs the team leader of any issues.
- Independent recognition of flaw features as well as actively contributing to detecting defects. Forwards suggestions for improvement to the shift supervisor.
- Immediately informs the shift supervisor about detected quality issues and malfunctions within his work area.
- Conscientious handling of the provided tools like weld machine and pad printer.
- Comply with all regulations regarding workplace safety and accident prevention in everyday operations as well as informing the supervisor if deviations are detected during the shift.
- Record production quantities accordingly
- Assist in training of new employees
- Assist quality and injection department in troubleshooting and identifying defects, as well as the implementation of solutions
- Accurately complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer
- Assist in the training of new employees
- Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area
- Does control and sorting work according to directions by the shift supervisor.
- Supports the shift supervisor to ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with throughout the company.
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the supervisor about suggestions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor