3507 Cokesbury Road Hodges, SC 29653
We have an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic, this position is part of our Maintenance Department. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for facility repairs and preventative maintenance on production and facility equipment such as, but not limited to, lift trucks, tractors, small utility vehicles, lawn mowers, weed eaters, conveyors, etc. Basic electrical work will be required from time to time. The successful candidate must be able to work well with our customers (departments) and vendors.
The position will start as seasonal, with potential to become permanent based on performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical aptitude – must be able to properly diagnose and complete required maintenance/repair work
- Must be proficient with hand and power tools
- Basic computer skills
- Basic electricity knowledge: both installation and troubleshooting
- Must be able to work off of ladders or lifts
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Basic Welding
- Adhere to compliance, rules, and safety regulations
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and to comply with policies
- Ability to read and interpret written information; ability to write clear statements; ability to communicate orally
- Must be able to do physical work and operate power equipment normally found in facility operations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow schedules and keep commitments
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and to work individually as well as within a team
Nice To Haves, But Not Required:
- HVAC background
Things to Consider:
- The facility includes both climate controlled and non-climate controlled environments – flexibility a must!
Weekly attendance bonus available!