Material Handler - 1st Shift
528 Carwellyn Rd Abbeville, SC 29620 US
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This job category combines four distinct functions. Incumbents, while cross trained to perform all four, usually are assigned to one function. For purposes of this description the job duties are separated by function.
1. Receiver/Unloader - Unloads incoming raw materials, verifies counts, checks for damages, places bar-code labels on goods. Prepares locations and moves goods to locations. Performs the same for raw material returns from production. Performs general warehousing maintenance for stored goods.
2. Finished Goods Warehouser - Moves finished goods from production, verifies product and counts; stretch wraps, if required, and stores in proper location. Arranges and prepares areas for incoming goods. Performs general warehousing maintenance for stored goods.
3. Raw Materials Service person - Delivers raw materials to production areas, maintains counts. Returns raw materials and finished goods to warehouse as needed. Performs unloading and general warehousing.
4. Shippers - Pulls orders for shipment, prepares, counts and loads onto trucks. Totals load sheets and fills out shipping orders.
1. Processes bar code labels and receivers of raw materials.
2. Performs warehousing upkeep.
All: Reports defects in equipment and arranges PM for lift trucks.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year to become fully competent on all assignments
- Good basic math skills
- Ability to use sound judgment in safe lifting and use of forklift and stacking goods for maximum utilization
- Use of electronic scales, stretch wrap machines
- High degree of accuracy required
- Mandatory forklift licensing requires visual acuity and knowledge of safety rules concerning forklift operation; frequently moves on & off truck
- Use of computer and bar-coding unit
- Effective communication skills necessary to give and receive instructions or directions, will be required to maintain inventory using electronic systems