Paint Preparation Tech
125 Hillside Drive Greenville, SC 29607 US
Pay Rate $15
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Paint Prepper is responsible for preparing metal parts and products for paint processing by disassembling, inspecting, curing, and grinding/buffing parts.
Required training in vocational school, related on-the-job experience, or GED.
Experience working in HVLP spray painting with either polyurethane and/or epoxy single stage paints preferred.
1. Inspect, diagnose, parts needed to be prepared for painting process.
2. Disassemble extra pieces from parts that do not need to be painted, separate and sort.
3. Prepare metal surfaces, parts and materials by sanding, taping, priming, masking, and polishing panels and doing light body work.
4. Remove all dust and other particles from prepared panels to avoid contamination and/or defects.
5. Cure parts surface by applying cleaning solvents, adhesives, sealants, or coating needed.
6. Assist painter in pre-paint blending instructions.
7. Inspect pieces after paint is dry to ensure accuracy and fix any defects detected.
8. Reassemble completed parts with extra pieces removed during the preparation process.
9. Perform light housekeeping to maintain paint booths clean and clear.
6: 00 AM – 4: 30 PM Monday – Friday
6: 00 AM - 2: 00 PM Saturday
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.