Polisher- 3rd Shift
325 Hammerstone Dr Toccoa, GA 30577
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Get information about the designated workstation from the production plan before the start of the shift
· Take over the workstation and communications from the previous shift
· Support the implementation of the defined 5s standard
· Adhere to all safety guidelines outlined by OSHA and Nifco KTW
· Assist in the training of new employees
· Assist departments in troubleshooting and identifying defects, as well as the implementation of solutions.
· Accurately scan and complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer as required
· Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
· Work with the supervisor and quality department about quality discrepancies
· Work with the supervisor on borderline quality decisions
· Communicate about quality problems, work that still needs to be completed and all required information with other shifts and departments
· Independent recognition of flaw features as well as actively contributing to detecting defects.
· Forwards suggestions for improvement to the shift supervisor.
· Immediately informs the shift supervisor about detected quality issues and malfunctions within work area.
· Conscientious handling of the provided tools and equipment such as polishing machine, polishing trestle, etc.
- Comply with all regulations regarding workplace safety and accident prevention in everyday operations as well as informing the supervisor if deviations are detected during the shift.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area
- Does control and sorting work according to directions by the shift supervisor.
- Supports the shift supervisor to ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with throughout the company.
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the supervisor about suggestions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor