WorkSmart Staffing http://www.worksmartstaffing.com http://www.worksmartstaffing.com true
Production Associates- 2nd Shift
2171 Liberty Hill Rd Eastanollee, GA 30538 US
Posted: 03/14/2023 2023-03-14 2023-05-01 Employment Type: Contract To Hire Job Category: manufacturing Job Number: 9296
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble product pieces and hardware into finished product for the customer.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Cut, shape, and trim materials, such as wood, laminate veneer and metal, using knives, scissors, and other hand tools, portable power tools, or bench-mounted tools.
- Separate materials or products according to size, weight, type, condition, color, or shade.
- Mark identification numbers, trademarks, grades, marketing data, sizes, or model numbers on products
- Perform safety inspections.
- Count and bundle items for shipping.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area in accordance with 5S standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures.
- May be required to operate powered industrial equipment.
- Compliance with health and safety regulations (constant use of PPE)
- One-year manufacturing experience in an operator capacity preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential.
- Ability to differentiate color.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other literature as required.
- Basic mathematics skills required.
- Critical Thinking/Problem solving/trouble shooting ability required.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Punctual attendance to work is required.
- This position requires a moderate to high degree of standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing.
- A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required.
- Moderate to Steady lifting of up to 50lbs. required.
- Requires wearing personal protective equipment.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions