204 Old Piedmont Hwy Greenville, SC 29605 US
Robotic Welder Operator
3: 30pm - 2: 00am Mon-Friday
$20 – 22 /hr. DOE
The Robotic Welder Operator is responsible for the set up and operation of computer-controlled machine-robots to perform one or more machine functions on steel products.
- Operate Robotic welding equipment to fabricate parts to be used in the manufacturing of finished product. This includes possessing mechanical knowledge, following instructions, and welding products.
- Apply competencies in welding and utilize computer-based software to operate the robotic machine.
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished work piece dimensions, and/or numerical control sequences.
- Calculate machine speed, feed ratios, size and position
- Stop machines to remove finished material or to change tooling, setup, or material placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Monitor machine operation and control panel display and compare readings to specifications to detect malfunctions.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if the machine malfunctions.
- Confer with Operations Manager to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors, and/or to obtain approval to continue production.
- Load and unload material manually or with hoists or cranes, depending on weight and size.
- Minimum of a high school diploma and preferably formal training/certification in welding
- Minimum of 2 year’ s experience operating a robotic welder preferred
- Organized and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Effective written and verbal communication