Sewing Machine Operator
501 Lynn Ave Laurens, SC 29360 US
- Setup. load, operate, and feed a sewing machine that assembles gowns, hoods, cap crowns, stoles, or other products from prepared pieces.
- At the start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepare for operations.
- Assemble pieces or parts by sewing them together on several different sewing machines.
- Press partially assembled pieces using a steam iron between sewing operations.
- Operate a fluting machine that sews and gathers across the yoke of a gown.
- Operate a button hole machine and over-lock sewing machine.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to this position and to the safety regulations.
- Be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform the job.
- Must have typing skills for data entry or processing.
- Standing 10%
- Walking 10%
- Siting 80%
- Lift/carrying up to 17.5lbs
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must participate in company Orientation and training.
- Must complete probationary period of 90 days.
WorkSmart is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.