Shipping Department Associate
125 Hillside Drive Greenville, SC 29607 US
JOB TITLE: Shipping Department Associate
SHIFT: 6: 00am-4: 30pm M-F & 6: 00am-2: 00pm Sat
PAY RATE: $15/hr.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Shipping Specialist is responsible for preparing manufactured products for shipments and maintaining records of the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment, and stock to and from the manufacturing facility.
- Compare manufactured products with work order sheets for accuracy.
- Utilize measurement tools to identify the manufactured product’ s dimensions for shipping crate.
- Build specific shipping crates for products individually based on product measurements utilizing various hand and power tools. Assemble crates using screw guns and nail guns.
- Place and secure manufactured products into shipping crates ensuring that components are compressed for a secure travel.
- Add corresponding shipping labels, manuals, and kits to crate prior to sealing.
- Seal and inspect completed crates to ensure accuracy.
- Utilize forklift truck to assist in the relocation of completed shipments ready for delivery based on priority and schedules.
- Load outgoing shipments into truck taking preventative measures to avoid shipment damage.
- Create bill of ladings and shipping labels for shipments.
- Update and maintain shipping log for tracking purposes.
- Route shipping documents to corresponding locations.
Job Requirements Education:
- Required training in vocational school, related on-the-job experience, or a high school diploma or GED. Signage manufacturing industry knowledge is preferred.
- Minimum six months to 1 year of experience working in the carpentry field
- Forklift experience is preferred