Tool and Die Repair Technician- 2nd Shift
161 Alliance Blvd. Williamston, SC 29697
- Studies specifications, blueprints, sketches, models, and shop data and confers with engineering and shop personnel to resolve problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates shop equipment including lathes and grinder to machine parts; verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Correctly disassemble, repair and reassemble progressive stamping dies.
- Smoothes flat and contoured surfaces; fits and assembles parts together and into assembled tools and dies.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Understands basic metallurgy.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures; recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools; draws or sketches design of product.
- Assists in instructing apprentice personnel.