WorkSmart Staffing http://www.worksmartstaffing.com http://www.worksmartstaffing.com true
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
208 Scott G. Davis Pkwy Woodstock, AL 35188 US
Posted: 05/19/2023 2023-05-19 2023-07-05 Employment Type: Contract To Hire Job Number: 9766
- Assist in managing the tool room ensuring molds are serviced and available to the correct timescales, quality set up specification and correctly labeled, operating to the planning requirements.
- Repairs to tooling as required utilizing in house and external resources.
- Ordering of spares and materials to maintain the service to production.
- Development of processes, including trialling of new molds, in conjunction with the Project Manager/Maintenance Manager/Technical department.
- Assist with managing the operation of the tool room department to service and repair tools and associated equipment, in line with production requirements.
- Liaise with production, technical, quality and maintenance to maintain equipment in good working order.
- Ensure that tooling is serviced and set up to the correct specification, available for production with all necessary equipment and fittings in line with planning requirements. Ensure date stamps etc are up to date. Ensure tools are labeled and stored in the correct location.
- Control of the spare parts and materials to maintain tooling etc. to the specified requirements.
- Ensure records and all documentation for compliance with TS 16949 are correctly completed & distributed.
- Participate in meetings as required to include daily production meeting, development meetings and carry out actions arising from these meetings.
- Assess condition of all tooling and progress repairs, using in house resources and subcontractors, highlight problems to management as necessary. Highlight tooling repairs which should be charged to customer.
- To ensure Health and Safety requirements of the company are being met.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years tool making experience, preferably in injection molding.
- Familiar with all tool making machinery including lathe, miller, surface grinder, welding, spark erosion.
- Familiar with hot runner systems, wiring, and controls.
- Knowledge in all mold making techniques.
- Reports to Maintenance Manager
- Self-starter that is able to work with little direction
- Must adhere to 5S standards
- Lifting between 10-25 lbs
- Walking, standing, bending, using hands, using fingers on a repetitive basis