Warehouse Associate- 2nd Shift
145 Southchase Blvd Fountain Inn, SC 29644
- Prior to product shipment, check contents on selected pallets. Compare quantity, quality, labeling, and destination with customer’ s order to ensure shipments are complete and correct.
- Report all shortages, damages, and miss-shipments on appropriate forms and report to the Warehouse Manager. Verifying corrections have been made. This includes personally correcting issues when possible.
- Matching Purchase Orders and packing slips to a wide range of products received.
- Compare Work Orders with items brought to warehouse from manufacturing to ensure correct items are received.
- Performs inventory counts and compare with any relevant work in progress. This will include making adjustments as needed once all items have been accounted for.
- Packing various items. Wrapping & labeling items for storage and shipping. Kitting of small items and supplies.
- Prepares product kits and other related hardware kits, to simplify picking orders and preventing mis-ships. Completes work orders associated with kit assemblies
- Comply with all safety regulations and standards
- Operate material handling equipment including forklifts and pallet jacks
- Assists warehouse personnel in loading, unloading, picking orders and packing as time permits.
- Special projects as needed (monitors and maintains inventory of lights and lighting components stored at SPI).
The incumbent works with limited supervision. Independent decisions based on knowledge and understanding of established system and processes. Efficient task prioritization based on perception of others’ requirements. The incumbent must always maintain a high attention to detail.
- Need to pass Forklift driving test after offer of employment
- Ability to read and effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as size and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standards exist
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and work with multiple departments