1224 Poinsett Hwy Greenville, SC 29609 US
9am-5pm M-F (Hours may switch to 7am-3pm or 8am-4pm depending on need when hired)
PAY RATE: $16/hr.
The Warehouse Associate will have a significant role in the department and be responsible to support the efforts of mail production and disposing of materials in the plant. This Material Handler is also responsible for ensuring accurate, timely and cost-effective processing and shipment of produced mail to regional mail distribution centers and helping to control inventory of company and client owned components to eliminate inventory variances.
- Learn software and create shipments in computer
- Records quantity of materials received or distributed based on company standards
- Pulling all issues from internal database and delivering materials to appropriate departments.
- Using internal database to locate needed items
- Conduct all necessary shipping and logistics tasks for the Warehouse team.
- Interact with shipping vendors and set up freight shipments.
- Utilize computer to complete daily mail shipment functions, inventory control, purchase orders and expense tracking.
- Ensure all stock receiving is performed correctly.
- Create purchase orders for shipments.
- Operates/maintains forklift or other company-owned machinery within established safety regulations
- Drives 26’ box truck to local locations (20% of time)
- Loads USPS truck for mailing and loads out all drop shipments
- Count and return materials for completed jobs.
- Cycle count materials located in the warehouse.
Must be able to reach with arms and hands, lift up to 50 pounds, and stand for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift/move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Position requires a High School Diploma or GED, or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality
- Maintain an organized, safe, and clean work area
- Experience with inventory management
- Experience with safely moving large, heavy pallets
- Experience with safely operating forklifts and pallet jacks