Welding Quality Control Associate
204 Old Piedmont Hwy Greenville, SC 29605 US
Weld Quality Control Associate
5am – 3: 30pm Mon-Friday
5am – 1: 30pm Saturday
Starting at $17-19 /hr. DOE
Metal fabricating company looking for someone with an exceptional eye for detail to join the company in Quality Control. You will inspect products both visually and with a tape measure within a 32nd to ensure the products produced are of consistently high quality and adhere to relevant specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily floor Inspections of welded parts
- Inspect first part being fabricated, if correct sign work order and initial part.
- Measuring parts in accordance with blueprints.
- Verify material matches Bill of Material.
- Mark every bundle before it leaves the welding bay with Work Order #, SI #, Date and Quantity.
- Document any delays or errors on the daily inspection report i.e., missed welds, fixture moved, parts welded wrong or welding machine issuers.
- Maintain daily inspection records
- Perform quality inspections to ensure products meet standards
- Document issues noticed during measurement or visual inspection tests.
- Report any issues to the Quality Control Lead
- Conduct a final inspection before production is complete.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and read a tape measure to within a 32nd
- Attention to detail.
- Willing to work overtime is a must.
- Prior experience in quality control